Who We Are
NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland is the leading grassroots pro-choice advocacy organization in Maryland, and we believe that every woman should be able to make personal decisions about the full range of reproductive health options. NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland, along with our sister organization, NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland Fund, works to protect every individual’s right to access the full range of reproductive health options, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion. NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland is the state affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America.
What We Do
- We lobby the Maryland legislature to convince your elected representatives to support your right to choose.
- We organize women and men to make sure that lawmakers hear from the pro-choice people they represent.
- We connect what happens in Maryland and in Congress to how it affects your ability to make private decisions, like choosing legal abortion.
- We work with NARAL Pro-Choice America and state affiliates to advance ideas that are good for women’s freedom. We fight back against the bad ideas that threaten our privacy.
- We educate Marylanders about important reproductive health issues and policies.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland uses the political process to elect lawmakers who share our pro-choice values and defeat candidates who don’t.
NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland Fund
NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland Fund is the research, organizing and education arm of our movement. The Fund does not do direct political work, but its work in the areas of consumer research, public policy, public education, and leadership development complement the advocacy work done by NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland.
NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland PAC
NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland PAC helps elect pro-choice champions into state and local offices by providing financial and in-kind campaign contributions to candidates who have been endorsed by NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland.